PRE + POST TAN TIPS
Preparing for your Spray Tan
- Waxing or Shaving should be undertaken 24-48hrs prior, this allows the pores of the skin to be closed. When your skin’s pores are open, bronzer can become trapped creating a “spotty” effect.
- Exfoliate your whole body concentrating on your dry areas such as elbows, hands, knees, feet, ankles and collar bones. Exfoliate at least 4 hours prior to your spray tan or the night before.
- Moisturise the days leading up to your spray tan and the night before your spray tan using an oil-free moisturiser on the driest parts of your body, such as elbows, hands, knees, feet, and ankles. It is important to avoid all oil-based products prior to your spray tan as they leave traces on the skin which can cause streaking.
What to bring to your Spray Tan
- Skin - Ensure your skin is free of any product, such as deodorant, make-up, lotions, moisturises, perfumes or sprays. these products create a barrier which prevents the tan from developing properly.
- Clothing - Bring loose clothing to wear after your spray tan. Tight clothing & silk/sating fabrics are not recommended as they rub against your tan & absorb moisture causing inferior results.
- On hot days we recommend bringing a towel for the seat of your car to avoid any bronzer rubbing onto your car seats in high temperatures.
- We provide disposable g strings & hair nets free of charge, if you’re breast feeding please wear a strapless bra.
- Your spray tan appointment will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
Purchase one of our Tanning Onesies from $69.95 AUD. They're the perfect piece of clothing to wear post tan and a wardrobe essential if you're a regular tanner!
- Your experienced spray tan technician will advise how long to leave your spray tan on before showering.
- Do not use any body wash or soap in your first initial shower, use your hands to lightly brush off any excess bronzer to ensure no streaks appear on your skin.
- No body moisturiser should be applied until after your second shower, after your second shower we recommend moisturising every day, two times a day to keep your skin nourished and hydrated.
- Stay hydrated! We recommend drinking 2-3L of water per day. this keeps your skin hydrated, your tan lasts longer, fades off evenly and will make removing your tan much much easier.
- Avoid chlorinated/heated places such as pools, spas, saunas and steam rooms.
Removing your Spray Tan
- Your spray tan should last between 7 to 10 days and start fading off like a natural tan if you care for your tan correctly (follow the post tan tips for an easier tan removal).
- We recommend investing in a good quality tan removal mitt! We sell these in our salon & they’re available for purchase at your spray tan appointment.
- Before removing your tan we recommend soaking in a bath with some baby oil, this helps soften your skin which makes it easier to remove your tan.
Purchase our tan remover from just $19.95 AUD.